
This post is to answer some of the most common questions I get asked about night vision hunting all the time.
Q1. Why is most night vision green?
Ans. Actually, night vision images do not have any color information. So a monochromatic colour is all that is necessary. So why green? The human eye is most sensitive to the various levels of green because it falls at the center of the colour spectrum.
Q2. Should I just buy the most powerful night vision hunting device I can afford?
Ans. Although the images provided by second and third generation night vision devices are much more advanced, you may not need anything stronger than first generation night vision. In fact you must be extremely careful as some devices can be damaged when too much light comes into them.
Q3. What are tube blemishes?
Ans. Tube blemishes are small spots common to all night vision devices. This is one of the factors that you must take into account before purchasing a night vision hunting device. As you would expect a device with small or few blemishes will demand a higher price.
Q4. I heard my friend talk about line pairs, what the heck is this?
Ans. Line pairs is simply a measurement of image resolution; the more line pairs, the sharper the resolution.
Q5. Are there any regulations on night vision equipment and its use that I should know about?
Ans. Well, as I am not a lawyer and as always with law and regulation, there will be variation from country to country and state to state. So the best advice I can give here is to check out the United States Department Of Commerce website or your country's equivelant.
I hope this post has helped you learn a little more about night vision hunting devices, stay tuned for more in the near future.
No comments:
Post a Comment